26 April 2008

Le tour, France

Day 1 ... the first real shake down ... we had arrived during the night and had to nip into Chamonix for a Carte Neige and breakfast, before heading for the slopes.

First stop Grand Montets ... the car park was over flowing and it wasn't yet 10 am !! ...

plan b

Back to the van and head up the valley - Le Tour was still running and should give some exercise.

Much less crowded, in-fact almost leisurely.

I think I made 5 meters on the first run before the call of the wild gripped and so began a great day in the sun shine.

Dropping down on the Vallorcine side in the powder, to the new chairlift

So from here we had a quick break for lunch, while we planned our next runs.



Another Run?

We finished a great warm up day, and returned to the campsite


One of the things I was experimenting with on this day was a small video cam. Well I had a couple but more about the other one another day. this one shot 640*480 video in a single unit I had tied to my head.

a sample of the results is here ...
however it did suffer from being a trifle heavy and bounced a lot on the strap, making the footage rather blury in places.
Mont Charmarillion and Grands Montets