29 April 1988

May day holiday raid, France

I had been doing some research into a place near Paris where there were a lot of Sandstone boulders ...  and there was a clear selection of routes, all documented in a French guidebook.

Fontainbleau was only well know to the French and a few Brits ... so we tried to find out what and where etc...  there was only one camp site in the area at a town called Milly la foret.

We - Dave and Jane int heMR2, Byron, Alana and Lynn in the Datsun, and xxx, Christine, and myself in my Peugeot  - set off on the late night ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe ..  the ferry was crowded with students off on exchange trips, and very noisy. We all managed to fid places to crash .. Dave settled into the luggage racks out of the way - I wish I had a photo.

Once on the other side set off in convoy for Gisors and my friends parents cafe.