Welcome to my world of days in the great outdoors.
This diary of outdoor stories is recorded for my own record - recollections that I cannot guarantee are complete or even if things have been remembered (in)correctly.
This page shows a summary of the latest entries - for indexes and curated collections, statistics amd graphical representations, and a general overview, please use the button bar below.
25 September 2005
Day Trip, Banff
Another work visit to Banff ... this time we were staying in a hotel in town ..
Banff Park Lodge. Not the most salubrious hotel around ... a bit like a
motel, however after two days of conferences I had a day to get back to Calgary
- the weather was not conducive to going for a walk... I drove up to a forest
trail at the point where the valley turns around by Banff. Here I drove around
the lake before heading off to Calmore, which was very disappointing, or else I
did not find anything alpine there.

